Monday, November 3, 2008

The Castle Cake

My single biggest failure so far...although the birthday girl was THRILLED with it - so I guess that counts for something. :)

My downfall here was a lack of planning. Generally, if I am making a cake this big, with this many structural elements in it, I make a test cake first, so be sure that it will work. But, time management got the best of me, and I did not practice - so I found out too late that my turret columns were not structurally sound. They slumped more and more as the day progressed.

But, the foundation of the cake was solid, and the white chocolate hearts & turret points all turned out well. And the 'bricks' of the walls looked good too.







1 comment:

Rangga Wi said...

Look like not a real cake, like castle toys...
But i believe, that cake is DE.LI.CI.OUS and Sweets of course...
Yuuuummyyy...:)
mixedgreen