Monday, November 3, 2008

Lilo & Stitch Cake

This was for a Lilo & Stitch birthday party.

Lots I would change, or that didn't end up as I wanted it to - but overall I am happy with it. I did have to glue Stitch's happy little ass to his surfboard, so he's out of commission after this. Thank goodness my dad raised me, not on duct tape (although that was popular too), but on the merits of 5 minute epoxy.

The water is fondant, done in a swirled blue, slicked with clear piping gel. I propped the base of the fondant on the bottom layer up, to simulate waves. Then I piped royal icing under the rises to look like surf.

The Island is made of cake, carved, then covered in a mixtures of graham cracker crumbs and brown sugar. The tree leaves, animals and fish are all made of fondant. Stitch is riding a fondant wave, cresting with royal icing.

















No comments: